As a non-profit 501 (c) (3) animal welfare organization, Arizona Basset Hound Rescue, Inc. provides veterinary care, food, support, and shelter to Basset Hounds, Bloodhounds and Basset Hound mixes needing assistance in Arizona. We treat these animals as our own, with the utmost care and respect and make decisions based on compassion for the quality of life these Basset Hounds, Bloodhounds and Basset Hound mixes will enjoy while in our care. We provide necessary support for the dogs while in the care of the foster home using the dogs’ personalities, behaviors, and special needs as a guide. We work in cooperation with local and state shelters to reduce euthanasia of Basset Hounds, Blood Hounds, and Basset Hound mixes.
- Serving our statewide communities, Arizona Basset Hound Rescue, Inc., provides:
- Education to the public and prospective homes about Basset Hounds, Bloodhounds and Basset Hound mixes.
- Shelter and care for homeless Basset Hounds, Bloodhounds and Basset Hound mixes.
- Placement in suitable foster and permanent homes for all dogs taken into our care.
- Fundraising events in order to care for all dogs taken in by the rescue.
- Education about spaying and neutering in order to decrease pet overpopulation and random breeding.
- Placement assistance to state and local animal shelters for Basset Hounds, Bloodhounds, and Basset Hound mixes.
- Care and forever foster care for the remainder of their lives to those rescued dogs who cannot be re-homed due to severe health issues.
Arizona Basset Hound Rescue – The Facts
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit corporation and donations are tax deductible.
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue has no physical location where the dogs are kept but relies completely on volunteers who foster the dogs until they find their forever homes.
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is an ALL-volunteer organization with no paid employees.
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is a no-kill animal welfare organization.
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue has saved over 1,400 dogs since 1998.
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is dependent on donations to operate to cover the average dog related and veterinary care of $125,000 a year.
- Each dog taken in by Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is placed into foster care for a minimum of two weeks so that the rescue can evaluate and treat any behavior or health problems
- All dogs are spayed or neutered to help reduce pet overpopulation, receive rabies and distemper vaccines, micro-chipped and are treated for any other disease or condition
- Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is an approved New Hope partner with Maricopa County Animal Control, accepting all Basset Hounds and Bloodhounds that they would otherwise euthanize. We have similar partnerships with several other Arizona shelters
Meet The Board